Re: Strange looping

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Strange looping
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 23:06:42 -0400

On Apr 29, 2010, at 8:02 PM, Lennart Borgman wrote:

> I have experience some strange looping in Emacs recently. I have
> difficulties catching them, but with a recent build I was able to use
> Emacs to see what happened.

I have received reports of similar problems, where Emacs is stuck in a loop
involving redisplays (breakable with C-g).  This is in relation to ispell, and
it seems to be consistent, even though I haven't managed to reproduce it.  A
(print 1) statement in a place before the looping command seems to prevent it,
but not so direct triggering of redisplay, or inhibiting redisplay.

Could this be the same problem?