Re: Add function to make frame topmost?

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Add function to make frame topmost?
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 09:47:13 +0200

David De La Harpe Golden skrev 2010-05-02 03.18:
Come to think of it, ringing the bell should probably demands-attention,
so that something (beep)ing in a frame that's not visible isn't missed.

*
On my system, the interpretation of demands-attention for a frame that's
not immediately visible is that its task bar entry is bolded and starts
gently pulsing blue. demands attention? :

That sounds like Compiz. On KDE, the task bar entry gets a blue border that blinks three times, but then is solid blue.

But looking in to the future, how is this handeled for tabs? It may be another tab that wants attention. I haven't tested it, but I guess the application would have to deal with that on its own.

        Jan D.