Re: Emacs 23 Mac port

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Emacs 23 Mac port
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 13:31:17 -0400

On May 5, 2010, at 9:04 PM, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:

> Scratching the surface of the NS port doesn't make sense to me,
> because it contains so many "I wouldn't design/implement so" in its
> fundamental part.

Point well taken, but that doesn't have to mean it has to be Carbon again.
Carbon, unlike NS, is Apple-only.  Most importantly, Cocoa/NS is a cleaner,
more readable, more flexible and future-proof interface.  Accessibility as
pointed out by another poster is a further consideration.

I would encourage you to implement your design decisions (concerning event (or
C-g?) handling, and what else you pointed out here a while ago) within the
NS/Cocoa framework and integrate that with the NS port, so that more people
could benefit from it.