Re: Emacs 23.2 for Mac installed from MacPorts dies on startup

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.2 for Mac installed from MacPorts dies on startup
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 04:12:27 -0400

On May 9, 2010, at 10:49 PM, John Wiegley wrote:

> Looks like a NULL deference from here.  I'll try again later without the
> Portfile change.

It definitely looks like -fast is required to demonstrate the problem.  I was
able to get it to run successfully once with -fast, but the next time I ran the
same binary the process zombied and now I will actually have to reboot to clear
it from the process table.

Without -fast, things seem to be working normally.

John