Re: checkdoc-batch.el v.3

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: checkdoc-batch.el v.3
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 11:10:42 -0400

> This spot of code runs M-x checkdoc in "batch" style, giving a report of
> problems instead of going through interactively fixing them.

This sounds desirable.

> The implementation is diabolical,

That sounds less so.

I generally like checkdoc, but it's too much in-your-face for my taste.
If you're interested, it would be wonderful if you could change it so it
doesn't signal errors all the time, but just messages/warnings instead.

The intention would be:
- make it possible/bearable to enable checkdoc-mode unconditionally
  (so M-C-x will always check your docstrings, whether you want it or
  not, which clearly requires reducing substantially the
  in-your-faceness factor).
- solve the problem you mention that rejecting one suggestion can make
  you miss subsequent ones.
- make something like checkdoc-batch possible without resorting to
  a diabolical implementation.

        Stefan