Re: Window configurations

From: grischka
Subject: Re: Window configurations
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 19:13:05 +0200

martin rudalics wrote:
 > (setq my-layout '(

And we'd get this structure from `window-tree', I suppose?

But no!  You let the user define it.  And/or write one as default.
(And learn to love your users and to hate heuristics!)

That's what ECB's layouts are supposed to accomplish.  But I still don't
know how we want to use a window's buffer stack.  It's probably trivial
when the only operation popping the stack also kills that buffer.
However, if the buffer remains alive where put it on the stack?  The
only reasonable answer is burying it.  But usually that buffer is the
one a user most likely wants to see first when unshowing another buffer
in that window.

A buffer-stack per window stands for some such as "virtually overlapped
windows", with a notion of "behind" if you want to.  Of course it is
possible to swap the two topmost position, if such semantics exist or
are desirable.

Probably it will help you with decisions if you can get the per window
tab-bar feature working, first.

--- grischka

martin