Re: Composing Hebrew diacriticals

From: Yair F
Subject: Re: Composing Hebrew diacriticals
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 22:46:03 +0300

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 8:14 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 01:01:38 +0300
>> From: Yair F <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>>
>> For Hebrew, the diplay is a bit different (no composition info):
>
> IIUC, this means no composition took place.  Why did you expect a
> composition?  If this is in stock Emacs 24.0.50, then there are no
> compositions defined for any of the Hebrew characters out of the box.
> This is why we need your work.

Something strange happens here as these characters *are* composed
(Shin+shin dot+qamats).

One more thing: In the test case attached the Latin composition
sometimes occurs and sometimes not. I haven't been able to identify
why.

All of this applies to current trunk built with the attached
lisp/languages/hebrew.el (Kubuntu/gtk/xtf)