Re: Composing Hebrew diacriticals

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Composing Hebrew diacriticals
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 11:35:45 +0900

Yair F <address@hidden> writes:
> Consider this example: d̊̂ (d+ring above+circumflex) The user would
> like to remove the ring component. How can it be done?

_Editing_ commands (e.g., DEL) work on the individual components, even
for composed characters -- so if you put d̊̂ in a buffer, position the
cursor after it, and hit DEL, it will remove just the last accent,
leaving "d̊".  This duality works pretty well I think, and seems
intuitive.

> Also When a composition occurs what-cursor-position give Unicode
> information only fot the base characters and not for other composed
> components.

Use "C-u C-x =" to see more info.

-Miles

--