Re: Composing Hebrew diacriticals

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Composing Hebrew diacriticals
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 17:10:33 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> Ok, then, as soon as I conclude that at least the displaying
> looks correct, I'll commit my new code without testing it
> against cursor positioning.

I've just committed a fix.

Eli, please check the comments of set_iterator_to_next, and
verify that I'm doing the right thing.

I have not yet committed proper codes for Hebrew
composition.  I'm now testing with this simple version.

(let ((pattern "[\u05D0-\u05F2][\u0591-\u05BF\u05C1-\u05C5\u05C7]+"))
  (set-char-table-range
   composition-function-table '(#x591 . #x5C7)
   (list (vector pattern 1 'font-shape-gstring)
         ["[\u0591-\u05C7]" 0 font-shape-gstring]))
  (set-char-table-range
   composition-function-table #x5C0 nil)
  (set-char-table-range
   composition-function-table #x5C6 nil))

(set-fontset-font
 t 'hebrew '("dejavu sans" . "unicode-bmp"))

On GNU/Linux, you have to build Emacs with libotf and
m17n-flt libraries, and having the attached file in
~/.m17n.d/HEBR-FF.flt.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden

;; HEBR-FF.flt -- Font Layout Table for Hebrew OTF font
;; Copyright (C) 2010  AIST (H15PRO112)
;; See the end for copying conditions.

(font layouter hebr-ff nil
      (font (nil nil unicode-bmp) :otf=hebr+mark))

(category
 (0x0591 0x05BF ?h)
 (0x05C1 0x05C5 ?h)
 (0x05C7        ?h)
 (0x05D0 0x05F2 ?H))

(generator
 (0
  (cond
   ("Hhh*" < :otf=hebr=ccmp+mark >)
   ("h" [ = ])
   ("." =))))

;; Copyright (C) 2010
;;   National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
;;   Registration Number H15PRO112

;; This file is part of the m17n database; a sub-part of the m17n
;; library.

;; The m17n library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
;; modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License
;; as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of
;; the License, or (at your option) any later version.

;; The m17n library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
;; MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
;; Lesser General Public License for more details.

;; You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
;; License along with the m17n library; if not, write to the Free
;; Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor,
;; Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.

;; Local Variables:
;; mode: lisp
;; End: