Re: Composing Hebrew diacriticals

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Composing Hebrew diacriticals
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 09:46:41 +0900

Yair F <address@hidden> writes:
> I still fail to understand how to directly access end edit individual
> componens.
> In the example above how can the ring component can be directly edited
> without editing the circumflex?

No so far as I know (though it can be done simply enough in elisp), but
as far as I can see, it's really not very important.

You could easily write an elisp function to split apart the composed
components to allow easier editing, e.g., by putting a space after the
base character (a user could then re-compose them by deleting the
space).  However given the shortness of such sequences in all but the
rarest cases, I expect most users simply wouldn't bother to use such a
function, and would probably just delete the accents and re-add them if
they were incorrect.

-Miles

--
Next to fried food, the South has suffered most from oratory.
                        -- Walter Hines Page