Re: Bash scripts in black and white

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Bash scripts in black and white
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 11:34:09 +0200

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 11:20, Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden> wrote:

> I did not refer to bootstrap failure!

No, you did talk about "testing with a clean bootstrap". Still,
failures that manifest themselves after a bootstrap and not a normal
compilation are equally infrequent.

> At least once per week or when there are many many changes: catching a bug
> soon is better than after some time :-)

I don't think there are many bugs that would've been catched by
testing after bootstrap and are not detected a week after they're
committed to the repository...

> My PC was born on September 2007! with the same XP!

My previous one (which I recently retired) was born on 2006.
Bootstrapping was about half an hour. But I wouldn't be surprised to
hear that people are building and bootstraping Emacs on slower
computers (netbooks, for example).

    Juanma