Re: Watchpoints for emacs lisp.

From: alin.s
Subject: Re: Watchpoints for emacs lisp.
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 04:56:58 -0700 (PDT)

Suppose that we have the symbol

X = ( 3 . ( 4 . some_cons ) )

and

Y = some_cons.

Suppose that I have set the watch bit on X, but not on Y.

In these conditions, modifying Y will not stop into the watchpoint of X.

That means that setting a watchpoint on a symbol X, should be a recursive
operation, id est, setting recursively a :watch: field for all the
cons-cells, symbols, strings, etc, which are present in X.

That means that we need to insert a watch field in all lisp data
strucutures, not only n symbol, etc

Is that algorithm right ?