Re: Bash scripts in black and white

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: Bash scripts in black and white
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 19:12:26 +0200

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

>> Romain Francoise did that for quite some time at:
>>
>> http://build.orebokech.com/
>>
>> Unfortunately, his only ardent admirer was me, so he eventually stopped
>> volunteering.

Yeah, I had to upgrade the machine it was running on and the setup
wasn't trivial to redo (buildbot was patched and running in a
container) so I looked at the access logs and basically, nobody but
me was using it. So I just dropped the service.

> 1. A reliable machine to run the nightly build. Suggestions?

Reliable and not too critical since anybody who has write access to
the repository gets to run code on it automatically and the project
on Savannah has 129 members, some of which may be abandoned accounts
with weak credentials...

> 2. A script to automate the task and send report to an accessible
>    place.

I recommend buildbot.

I'm adding Ted to Cc since he expressed interest in setting up a
buildbot for Emacs the last time this subject came up.