Re: imagemagick branch

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: imagemagick branch
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 11:37:25 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> Yes, the code could probably safely be added to trunk. Even if one
>> activates imagemagick with "configure --with-imagemagick=yes"
>> imagemagick wont kick in unless you execute (imagemagick-register-types)
>
> Then I suggest to talk to Stefan and Yidong and ask for their
> permission to merge.

I think you should go ahead and merge into the trunk.

Does the imagemagick support work on Windows and OS X?  It would be nice
to have a cross-platform solution that allows Emacs to render SVG.  This
would allow us to replace many of the bitmap images currently used in
Emacs (which are getting a little long in the tooth by modern GUI
standards).