Re: Keeping changes in sync with upstream projects

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Keeping changes in sync with upstream projects
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 09:45:32 -0400

>> - of course, the best is to add a third simplification: let upstream use
>> [Emacs] for development, so the "2-way" sync is a nop.
> or simpler, Emacs developer could use [clean upstream] for development of
> the package.

Same thing, yes.  Tho that requires write access to their repository.
It will also hopefully be made easier if we move such large thingies
outside of the main Emacs-Bzr tree with the help of a package manager
(which would come with some mechanism to auto-fetch&update those
packages we want to be bundled with Emacs).

        Stefan