Re: Use Core Text for Cocoa Emacs

From: Chad Brown
Subject: Re: Use Core Text for Cocoa Emacs
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 21:00:15 -0700

On May 18, 2010, at 8:44 PM, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:
> Could you give us a concrete procedure that you used when you judged
> "emacs has never work with this part of the operating system"?
>
> I'm asking it because I don't know how to confirm whether or not
> "accessibility" or "Voiceover" gets supported when I add some code
> with respect to this area.

In System Preferences, open Universal Access.  VoiceOver can be
activated from there, or via the key combo Command-Fn-F5.  You can
also go into the VoiceOver Utility from there.  I can verify that Emacs
doesn't work with VoiceOver, in that VoiceOver can only identify the
application name, title, tool-bar, and scrollbar.  The Universal Access
tool-bar access works partially with the emacs tool-bar -- it can identify
the buttons, but not the labels.  It cannot identify buffer text or functional
elements inside emacs like customize buttons or modelines.

*Chad