Re: Bootstrap failure using 'make -j4' [Cygwin]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bootstrap failure using 'make -j4' [Cygwin]
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 21:45:01 +0300

> Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 20:59:44 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 18:57:41 +0200
> > From: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>
> > Cc: address@hidden
> >
> > In the build log there is *not* track of the command to compile
> > dispnew.c: as you see 'grep' finds only
> >
> > make[2]: *** [dispnew.o] Error 1
>
> I cannot reproduce this on GNU/Linux with "make -j4 bootstrap".

In fact, I cannot reproduce this with -jN for N in [2..6].  With -j6,
I get a failure messages like this

    make[3]: vfork: Resource temporarily unavailable
    /bin/sh: Cannot fork

which I think mean I'm trying to use more resources than I'm allowed
to on this machine.  But that's way after bootstrap-emacs was linked,
including compiling dispnew.c.

Do you see any other unusual messages in the transcript?