Re: delete-file to trash

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: delete-file to trash
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 23:32:03 +0200

On Friday 21 May 2010 23:12:30 Lennart Borgman wrote:

> Wouldn't it be strange if Emacs as the only application had moving to
> trunk disabled by default?

Basically no application except file managers delete by moving to trash.
So dired (and eshell) should do that by default, too, and maybe even
`delete-file' when called interactively.  But when I expire the Gnus
agent cache, I really don't want gazillions of cached news articles end
up in my trashcan.

> I suggest a better approach would be to identify those cases where it
> should not be on and send bug reports/patches for them as soon as
> possible.

I think there are far more cases where you want to delete than move to
trash.

Bye,
Tassilo