Re: Auto completion with function argument list?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Auto completion with function argument list?
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 14:14:19 +0200

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 1:46 PM, TriKri <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, I wonder if there is any auto completion for Emacs that can display a
> list of the arguments that a function takes, like MS IntelliSense does? I'm
> programming much in C/C++, and it would be nice to be able to see which
> overloaded versions there are of a function, and which arguments it takes.
> All I have found is this, but it doesn't seem to be able to do that.
> -Kristofer

Hi Kristofer,

Please use plain text when mailing to this list. You sent a link above
to the wiki page

  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AutoComplete

It is much easier if you use plain text and the link.

Now to your question. If you look at the bottom of the page there is a
link to CategoryCompletion. I just tried to clarify the role of
Semantic/CEDET. I think that is what you are interested in.