Re: delete-file to trash

From: Leo
Subject: Re: delete-file to trash
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 09:20:40 +0100

On 2010-05-23 01:09 +0100, Chong Yidong wrote:
> (It was probably a mistake to include the trashing feature, the first
> time, without turning it on by default. If we'd done that, the
> problems would have been clarified much more quickly, and we could
> have figured out something more appropriate.)

When 23.2 was about to release I deliberately went through the NEWS to
try the new features that I haven't been using. Sadly I didn't use most
of them. For example, I quite like to use visual-line-mode for editing
TeX, but the fact that the line goes to window edge makes it almost
unusable in this scenario since I tend to maximise emacs frames.

I think it will be good for emacs to turn on all new features in the
devel repo so people who use the devel (which is for testing anyway) can
speak about their merits and propose changes. If a feature is no good,
turn it off or even remove it. New features require more testing and if
they are not enabled during development they only get tested in the
released version if someone turn it on accidentally and get annoyed.

Best wishes,

Leo