RE: Why can't I turn off scroll bars?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Why can't I turn off scroll bars?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 09:53:05 -0700

> >> "With a numeric argument, if the argument is positive
> >> turn on scroll bars; otherwise turn off scroll bars."
> >
> > (And 0 is not a positive number.)
>
> So there is a documentation error in define-minor-mode.

Is there?  Please be specific. Which part of the doc is erroneous, and how?

I just looked at the doc for `define-minor-mode', both the Elisp manual and the
doc string.  I do not see where it suggests that 0 is a positive number - or
anything like that.  Rather than expecting people to spend time searching for
what you might mean, please point specifically to the problem text.  Thx.