Re: Why can't I turn off scroll bars?

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Why can't I turn off scroll bars?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 19:40:16 +0200

Deniz Dogan skrev 2010-05-23 18.18:
2010/5/23 Jan Djärv<address@hidden>:

Deniz Dogan skrev 2010-05-23 15.51:

CFLAGS="-g -O2 -fno-optimize-sibling-calls" ./configure
--without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-x --without-kerberos
--prefix=$HOME/usr

Now (scroll-bar-mode 0) returns nil and the scroll bars are still
there. Ugly ones at that! Attached is a screenshot.

What did I do wrong?

"With a numeric argument, if the argument is positive
turn on scroll bars; otherwise turn off scroll bars."

So try -1.

-1 did not do the trick either. (And 0 is not a positive number.)

Then there is a bug somewhere.  Can you file a bug report?

If you tell configure --without-toolkit-scroll-bars those are the scrollbars
you get, this hasn't changed in ages.  What did you expect?

What I expect to happen when I turn off scroll-bar-mode I expect no
scroll bars at all. I don't see how --without-toolkit-scroll-bars
would imply that I get scroll bars no matter what.

I was commenting the "Ugly ones at that". It implied you somehow expected pretty ones.

        Jan D.