Re: delete-file to trash

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: delete-file to trash
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 09:16:44 -0400

> Yeah, there are commands (e.g. shell-command-on-region and clone-buffer)
> for which an omitted prefix argument means t.  I was hoping we could

Yes, it's even the recommended way to detect interactive calls (as
explained in the docstring of called-interactively-p):

   This function is meant for implementing advice and other
   function-modifying features.  Instead of using this, it is sometimes
   cleaner to give your function an extra optional argument whose
   `interactive' spec specifies non-nil unconditionally ("p" is a good
   way to do this), or via (not (or executing-kbd-macro noninteractive)).

-- Stefan