Re: How do I use tags to go to begv_byte instead of BEGV_BYTE?

From: Andreas Schwab
Subject: Re: How do I use tags to go to begv_byte instead of BEGV_BYTE?
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 17:22:09 +0200

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

> If I on the line below use `find-tag' and asks for "begv_byte" I just
> get to this line again:
>
>   #define BEGV_BYTE (current_buffer->begv_byte)
>
> What am I doing wrong?

You didn't read the documentation.

(find-tag TAGNAME &optional NEXT-P REGEXP-P)

Find tag (in current tags table) whose name contains TAGNAME.
Select the buffer containing the tag's definition, and move point there.
The default for TAGNAME is the expression in the buffer around or before point.

If second arg NEXT-P is t (interactively, with prefix arg), search for
another tag that matches the last tagname or regexp used.  When there are
multiple matches for a tag, more exact matches are found first.  If NEXT-P
is the atom `-' (interactively, with prefix arg that is a negative number
or just M--), pop back to the previous tag gone to.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, address@hidden