RE: dired-jump keybinding and autoload

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: dired-jump keybinding and autoload
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 09:46:13 -0700

> > Since `C-x C-j' is almost a duplicate of `C-x d' (they both
> > switch to the Dired buffer), maybe a better key for dired-jump
> > would be `C-x C-d'.
>
> Maybe `C-x D'?

If you do not object to `C-x D' simply because it is on the `C-x' prefix, how
can there be any objection to `C-x C-j' on the same grounds?

So it sounds to me like there is no objection to using `C-x C-j'.

And Juri's "finding a better non-conflicting key" is a non-problem:
`C-x C-j' is _not_ a conflicting key in any way.  It is a free global binding
that does not conflict with any bindings made by any code distributed with
Emacs.