Re: dired-jump keybinding and autoload

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: dired-jump keybinding and autoload
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 18:53:07 +0200

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > Since `C-x C-j' is almost a duplicate of `C-x d' (they both
>> > switch to the Dired buffer), maybe a better key for dired-jump
>> > would be `C-x C-d'.
>>
>> Maybe `C-x D'?
>
> If you do not object to `C-x D' simply because it is on the `C-x' prefix, how
> can there be any objection to `C-x C-j' on the same grounds?

I think Stephen was right. There will not be more trouble using `C-x
C-j' because the keys on C-x can be moved by moving Control-X-prefix.

So I have no objections. I would rather see that we implement
something like Control-X-prefix for all prefix keys. That would
finally open up for moving C-x for those who wants it.