Re: visual-line-mode and line wrapping

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: visual-line-mode and line wrapping
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 12:05:40 +0200

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

> One problem with the "fringe/margin approach" is that it always exactly
> tracks physical window size, which is sometimes annoying.  For instance,
> it would be nice to have word-wrapping that wraps to 80 or 72 columns
> without having to result to multiple word-wrapping mechanisms (e.g., the
> old lisp-based modes).

Following this discussion I hacked up a darkroom-mode with the "fringe/margin"
approach and am quite happy with it. Try it out, it's very small (and
possibly buggy :-)

 http://pastebin.com/kcmuGjy8

I don't understand what exactly people are requesting that can't be
done with elisp.
My two cents, bye!
Joao