RE: visual-line-mode and line wrapping

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: visual-line-mode and line wrapping
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 07:40:57 -0700

> >   >  My use for it would be that, occasionally, I want to
> >   >  [vertically] enlarge the Emacs window for some purpose
> >   >  or the other.
> >
> > Sure.  My window manager has a maximize vertically option
> > (button 2 on the maximize button).
>
> No, I meant enlarge horizontally.

FWIW, my library `frame-cmds.el' has commands to maximize the frame
horizontally, vertically, or both.  The commands leave room for the MS Windows
task bar and a standalone minibuffer frame, if present.  I put these commands,
along with other frame commands (tiling, fitting) on a menu-bar `Frames' menu.

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/frame-cmds.el