Re: Composing Hebrew diacriticals

From: Yair F
Subject: Re: Composing Hebrew diacriticals
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 23:56:20 +0300

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 4:45 AM, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:
> In article <address@hidden>, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> I've just committed fixes.  Please try the latest code.
>
> With David CLM font, just font-shape-gstring work well.
I was not able to compose with this code (revision 100441) with any of
CLM or MS fonts.

MDEBUG_FLT doesn't produce output. Instead this appear in the *messages* buffer
Error during redisplay: (wrong-type-argument arrayp nil) [148 times]

>  But
> with Dejavu Sans font, as it lacks several OTF capabilities

Dejavu sans still composes  with no difference from my last report.
,
> I have not yet adopted your code for setting up
> composition-function-table.  It requires some modifications.
> For instance, we should register hebrew-shape-gstring only
> for combining characters for fast displaying of a Hebrew
> text that doesn't have diacriticals.

Good, it needs further refinement.
In addition I found out that scholars sometimes compose Hebrew letters
with diacritical marks form U+0300 block as well.