Re: Concerning the new `ido-use-virtual-buffers' feature

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Concerning the new `ido-use-virtual-buffers' feature
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 12:57:00 +0200

On Thursday 27 May 2010 11:56:53 Leo wrote:

Hi Leo, John, Kim,

> Meanwhile feel free to change the patch.

Hm, it doesn't apply to the current bzr trunk.  Anyway, I rewrote it to
be controled by the ido-use-virtual-buffers variable solely with 3
values 'never, 'auto, and 'always.

The resulting patch is attached.  Basically, it works, but there's one
bug I cannot figure out how to solve.  When ido-use-virtual-buffers is
'auto and the current input doesn't even match any closed buffer
(recentf file), then it's stuck instead of displaying [no match].

I don't know ido very well and cannot figure out how to get that right.
Kim, maybe you could check what's wrong?

I have papers on file.  I use 7 lines originating from Leo's patch, so I
don't know if that has to wait till Leo's assignments arrive...

Bye,
Tassilo