Re: Window configurations

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Window configurations
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 15:00:16 +0200

> I think changing the argument VISIBLE_OK won't help.  The existing
> calls of `other-buffer' (where VISIBLE_OK is nil) should keep the
> current behavior of `other-buffer' that prefers not visible buffers
> to visible buffers (when the window-local buffer-list is empty).

You mean that when the window-local buffer-list is not empty these calls
should be allowed to choose a visible buffer?  What if an application
wants to specify for a specific call that `other-buffer' does not return
a visible buffer?

> I see no problem if we will push the current buffer to the window-local
> buffer-list in the same places in code where currently the buffer is
> pushed to the frame-local buffer-list (and buried-buffer-list).

We'd change the behavior for people used to see the same buffer in two
windows simultaneously only for the short period when they've split a
window and have not yet shown the wanted buffer in it.

martin