Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r100503: Fix config.h includes.

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r100503: Fix config.h includes.
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 09:34:06 +0900

Jan Djärv writes:

 > I get that once in a while, but if you are building out of the tree
 > you shouldn't have any config.h in-tree.  Unless you mix in and out
 > of tree builds.

Personally, I use out-of-tree builds exclusively.  XEmacs consistently
uses '#include <config.h>' because somebody did mix builds, though.

I suspect it's actually a common pattern among new developers (and
Bazaar will contribute to continuing temptation because it's so slow)
to do

tar ...
cd ...
./configure -Oinfinity ...
make
# didn't see *that* coming
mkdir debug-build
cd debug-build
../configure --srcdir=.. -O $DEBUG_OPTIONS ...
make

rather than make a new workspace.