Re: Window configurations

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Window configurations
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 17:42:55 +0200

>> eventually Richard decided to "not use Frassq, Fmemq or Fdelq since
>> their loops allow quitting.  Write a special loop by hand." which was
>
> What was the problem with quitting?

Probably that Vbuffer_list gets corrupted when the user triggers a quit
before the Fdelq gets executed.  In that case a buffer might get dropped
from the buffer list and not be reinserted as first element.

I don't know whether this might happen at all and what kind of
consequences this could have.  The fact that Funrecord_buffer uses Fdelq
without complaints for years seems to indicate that there's no problem.

>> part of a frame's parameters.  But an application should not be allowed
>> to alter the history of buffers shown on a particular frame.
>
> Why not?

Why should it lie?  Histories should not be altered at will.

But this is a minor issue.  Hardly anyone knows that a frame's buried
buffer list can be altered, and which application would want to change
it anyway?  It's only some wasted lines in the manual (just like those
for a frame's buffer-predicate).

martin