Re: Window configurations

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Window configurations
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 09:11:55 -0400

>>> part of a frame's parameters.  But an application should not be allowed
>>> to alter the history of buffers shown on a particular frame.
>> Why not?
> Why should it lie?  Histories should not be altered at will.

This list is not a "sworn statement about history".  It's just
a data-structure where we record some state so as to help some heuristic
make decisions.  Modifying it won't get us trapped in a time warp.

> But this is a minor issue.  Hardly anyone knows that a frame's buried
> buffer list can be altered, and which application would want to change
> it anyway?  It's only some wasted lines in the manual (just like those
> for a frame's buffer-predicate).

I don't have much opinion about whether it's worth mentioning in the
manual, but I really can't think of any reason why we should
prevent modification.

        Stefan