Unicode 6.0 beta

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Unicode 6.0 beta
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 16:46:24 +0200

The beta review for Unicode 6.0 just started. I think it'd be useful
to upgrade the trunk to use the beta Unicode 6.0 data, so any problem
with it can be detected as soon as possible, in accordance with the
recommendations from Unicode (at
http://www.unicode.org/versions/beta.html):

"We strongly encourage implementers to review the summary description,
download the beta 6.0.0 Unicode Character Database files, and test
their programs with the new data, well before the end of the beta
period."

It also says:

"No products or implementations should be released based on the beta
UCD data files -- use only the final, approved Version 6.0.0 data
files, expected on September 30, 2010."

but I don't think we're planning to do a 24.1 release before September
30, so it should be no problem.

Comments?

    Juanma