Re: One more use for gnus-expert-user

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: One more use for gnus-expert-user
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 07:30:36 +0300

* 2010-06-04 21:28 (-0500), Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> On Sat, 29 May 2010 09:40:53 +0300 Teemu Likonen <address@hidden> wrote:
> TL> Here's a patch that implements my suggestion:
> TL> diff --git i/lisp/gnus/gnus-agent.el w/lisp/gnus/gnus-agent.el

> I'm OK with this (although it's pretty esoteric for most users), but
> the Gnus manual should be updated correspondingly as well. Can you
> include that in your patch?

I could but I have no idea what "corresponding update" might mean in
this case. The only place where variable gnus-expert-user is mentioned
in the manual (in GNU Emacs 23.2) is section 8.2 Interactive:

    `gnus-expert-user'
         If this variable is non-`nil', you will seldom be asked any
         questions by Gnus.  It will simply assume you know what you're
         doing, no matter how strange.

And that description covers everything.

Section 6.9.6 Agent Expiry is only about user-interface. There is
nothing about files and such things nor about current uses of
gnus-expert-user (which do exist in the expiry mechanism).

So, to be honest, I feel that my patch fits there just fine without
changes in the manual.