Re: trunk build failure on windows

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: trunk build failure on windows
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 10:33:11 -0400

    > GCC 4.5

    GCC 4.5 is known to produce bad code, especially in optimized builds.
    I'm not sure this problem has anything to do with your failure, but
    I'd recommend to downgrade to an earlier version, just in case.

    > Yes, TONEPY.el is next.

    If you compile it manually, do you see the same problem?

Yep.  I tried that and thought, `well, how 'bout byte-compiling the
whole directory,' but haven't figured out how to force that ...

Anyway, maybe I'll hear from ya before I get the time to go back to an
earlier GCC (will 4.4 work? and can it an 4.5 co-exist in my MinGW?),
otherwise I'll move back to said earlier GCC.

And another question, given the compilers co-existance, when I
configure, do I use the argument say `--with-gcc=4.4' or something?