Re: Window configurations

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Window configurations
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 21:12:17 -0400

> One of my favorite mysteries is why, when WINDOW is already selected,
> `select-window' should not set the current buffer.

I think the answer is simply "because it's not needed".  In contrast,
when we do have to change the selected window, we have to pay attention
to the point/window-point correspondence which makes it necessary to set
the buffer.  Of course, this necessity could be made just internal.

IOW, it's mostly accidental.

        Stefan