Re: Window configurations

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Window configurations
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 21:31:54 +0300

>> But how would you implement tab-local buffer-list without modifying
>> frame-local buffer-list?
>
> You could imagine getting rid of this special handling of frames and
> buffers's buffer-list and instead provide a record-buffer-function and
> a buffer-list-function, so Elisp packages can implement them as
> they wish.  I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

Maybe record-buffer-functions and buffer-list-functions (plural)
where Elisp packages could add own function to a list of functions.
Then core primitives will construct a composite list by appending
values returned by these functions.  An example of buffer-list-functions:
'(window-buffer-list-function tab-buffer-list-function
frame-buffer-list-function).
created with code in

window.el:
  (add-to-list 'buffer-list-functions 'window-buffer-list-function)

tab.el
  (add-to-list 'buffer-list-functions 'tab-buffer-list-function)

frame.el
  (add-to-list 'buffer-list-functions 'frame-buffer-list-function)

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/