Re: arrow keys vs. C-f/b/n/p

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: arrow keys vs. C-f/b/n/p
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 20:15:07 -0400

> Ah, OK. So what I was observing (no difference between C-f and <right>
> in L2R paragraphs) is the wrong behavior. I was indeed
> misunderstanding.

No, what you're observing is the desired behavior.  All it shows is:

   Actually, the arrow keys don't do "visual motion".

which was pointed out to David in response to his statement:

   Since we opened that can of worms already by making C-f/C-b do
   logical motion as opposed to the arrow keys doing visual motion,

So, no we didn't open that can of worms.  And please let's stop the
thread here.

        Stefan