Re: ^D is broken in shell-mode

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: ^D is broken in shell-mode
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 03:52:30 +0200

On Thu, Jun 10 2010, Miles Bader wrote:

> "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <address@hidden> writes:
>>> It now results in a literal ^D being seen by the subproces.
>>
>> I've also noticed that this problem affects comint-mode, and is not
>> limited to xterm: i'm encountering it in rxvt too.
>
> Since shell-mode uses comint, this isn't surprising ... :]

Fair enough :) But it could have been a bug in shell-mode proper, i
guess.

> Why do you mention xterm, BTW?  [I wasn't running Emacs in a TTY, rather
> I was using X.]

I got the (apparently wrong) impression that xterm was being mentioned
in the ensuing discussion (which i just skimmed), and thought
that people were looking for problems related with that. Sorry for the
confusion.

Cheers,
jao