Re: arrow keys vs. C-f/b/n/p

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: arrow keys vs. C-f/b/n/p
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 15:03:54 +0300

> From: James Cloos <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 06:17:36 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> >> In Openoffice.org, the arrow keys move logically.
>
> EZ> Again, please be more specific: what does the left arrow key do in a
> EZ> R2L paragraph?  Does it go backwards in the text, eventually ending up
> EZ> at the first text character, or does it go forward?
>
> Again, I used the terms correctly.  If I wrote logically then the RIGHT
> key moved forward in reading direction and the LEFT backward.

So what does the RIGHT arrow do in a R2L paragraph, i.e. in a
paragraph that is displayed flushed all the way to the right margin of
the window?  Are you saying that the RIGHT arrow actually moves to the
_left_ in such a paragraph?  (You say that RIGHT moves in the reading
direction, but the reading direction in a R2L paragraph is right to
left.)