Re: arrow keys vs. C-f/b/n/p

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: arrow keys vs. C-f/b/n/p
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 21:08:19 +0300

> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, David Kastrup <address@hidden>,
>         address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 15:50:39 -0400
>
> Also, I would like to know what existing bidi editors do for
> Ctrl-left/right.

In gedit, left and right arrows work like they do now in Emacs,
i.e. they are sensitive to the paragraph direction.  However, C-left
and C-right are not sensitive to the paragraph direction.  IOW, in a
R2L paragraph, <left> moves to the left, but C-<left> moves by words
_to_the_right_!  So much for consistency (in Pango, I guess).