Re: Frame ordering

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Frame ordering
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 16:16:34 -0400

On Jun 12, 2010, at 4:01 AM, martin rudalics wrote:

> > `handle-switch-frame' could be defined in Lisp anyway, calling the current
> > Fhandle_switch_frame primitive.
>
> I don't think so.  IIUC it's purpose is to hide do_switch_frame from
> Elisp.

Either way, it might not be the right solution.
When selecting a frame from the Buffer menu, the switch-frame event doesn't
seem to be generated.
Of course, this could be fixed manually, but what happens when `select-frame'
is used (e.g., M-x other-frame)?

At the same time, we definitely want to avoid reordering due to temporary
selection of a frame in code (e.g., `with-selected-frame').

Should Vframe_list not be updated in the event loop?