Re: Refreshing Info nodes

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Refreshing Info nodes
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:42:18 -0400

> Perhaps a `(eq major-mode 'Info-mode)' check should be added
> before `(pop-to-buffer "*info*")' in `Info-revert-find-node'
> like in other Info commands.

I'd rather check something more directly and explicitly related to
reverting that just (derived-mode-p 'Info-mode).  Ideally there should
be no check: the code that does the pop-to-buffer should simply not be
used at all when reverting, instead the non-reverting case should create
a *info* buffer, setup the few needed vars and then trigger
`revert-buffer' to do the actual work.

        Stefan