Re: Feature needed

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: Feature needed
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 08:45:26 -0400

MB> James Cloos <address@hidden> writes:
>> I just tried out the name »παν語« (cf http://www.pango.org/), and
>> even with the japanese input method selected -- which I used to input
>> the go -- the C-u C-x = output for 語 did not explain how to enter it.

(As a side note, it seems the pango homepage no longer mentions παν語,
you have to click through to http://www.pango.org/ScriptGallery .)

MB> I think this is not reasonable though -- the Japanese input method
MB> is more context-dependent than most, since input is usually done in
MB> larger units than one character, and often this is necessary for
MB> correctness.  It seems like it would actually be kind of hard for
MB> Emacs to give the "right" description of how to input a particular
MB> character in a particular context.

I see.  I'm not sufficiently familar with either that IM or a sufficient
number of kana or kanji to make heavy use of it; I only know 語 because
of παν語 and 日本語¹.

-JimC

1] Which took me quite a bit of trial and error to correctly input just
   now.  I either only just learned or just re-learned that the first
   two syllables need to be entered as a unit to get 日本.  So I can
   see, now, just how difficult it would be to provide that info.

--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6