Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 01:00:48 +0200

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 12:41 AM, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 23:39, Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Perhaps you need to customize `scroll-preserve-screen-position'.

Thanks. Perhaps. I just set it to 'always but Emacs still do the
"jumping scrolling".

However not always. And that makes it even more frustrating. I feel
like a prey. Suddenly it jumps - and I do not know why and when.

Is that jumping expected?

> And set line-by-line scrolling to deactivate the automatic scroll
> recentering. Both are needed to get sane scrolling behavior (for
> values of "sane" that exactly match my preferences, of course... ;-)

I am not sure which option you mean. Could you please tell me?