Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: The unwarranted scrolling assumption
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 01:59:39 +0200

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 1:49 AM, Lennart Borgman
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Playing with this I see some other bugs to. Which bug I see depends on
> the window width. 55 gives this one, 54 another one where point jumps
> instead.
>
> But I get no output in the message buffer or in the debugger telling
> what went wrong. That is a bit strange.

The 54 width bug was a bit different, it happens during C-l, when it
should have positioned point at the bottom of the window. The old
point is now below the window and points get "recentered". (Please
when writing things like this put some output in the debugger about
what goes wrong! The recentering here is done by some part of Emacs
that discovers that point is below window bottom. Emacs should not
just panic. After all it has its own psychologist.)

For width 55 there is the bug I described before.

For width 56 things seems to work better.