Re: Current head won't build

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Current head won't build
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:04:57 +0900

Andreas Schwab writes:
 > "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden> writes:
 >
 > > Anyway, "make distclean" is the way to minimize bootstrap lossage.
 >
 > bootstrap-clean does already di everything needed to start a bootstrap
 > without nuking your configuration.

Nuking the configuration may be necessary (eg, if config.h.in changes).

Even if *that* triggers reconfiguration automatically, I find it hard
to believe that Emacs's Makefiles are sufficiently finicky that all
potentially relevant changes trigger reconfiguration.

I am not suggesting that "make bootstrap" should be changed, just that
if it doesn't work, "make clean bootstrap" is not going to help.