Re: save-excursion again

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: save-excursion again
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 17:22:20 +0100

Dear Stefan and Stephen,

Yes, I do understand what you are saying.  Thanks for the detailed explanations.

There are 176 instances of the save-excursion/set-buffer pattern in VM. I would guess that the majority of these save-excursion's can be converted to save-current-buffer's. But it is going to be difficult to figure out which ones. It is possible that at least some of the developers were confused about the issue as you describe.

But you have definitely managed to convince me that I need to look at these instances and see what is going on.

Cheers,
Uday